Centralized Management and User Administration of UNIX, Linux and Mac.
With Centrify DirectManage you can quickly integrate heterogeneous systems into Active Directory and efficiently administer and manage them through this integrated tool set
Centrify DirectManage is an integrated set of tools that centralize the discovery, management and user administration of UNIX, Linux and Mac systems through integration into Active Directory-based tools and processes. In addition to administrative interfaces needed to deploy, configure and manage Centrify solutions, Centrify DirectManage includes additional tools that to help you rapidly migrate identities into Active Directory, manage policies, and generate reports.
With DirectManage you can:
- Discover UNIX, Linux or Mac systems within your environment and determine their readiness to join Active Directory
- Simplify the deployment of Centrify security solutions to UNIX, Linux and Mac systems
- Rapidly migrate existing accounts and access rights into Active Directory
- Centrally manage system security and configuration policies
- Centrally administer user accounts, entitlements and security policies
- Delegate the management of access rights, accounts, privileges and security policies
- Centralize monitoring and auditing of user-level activity
The Centrify DirectManage tool set has been designed to fit the real-world needs of customers whether they manage a few systems or thousands.Active Directory Integration Enhances Security and Efficiency
There are several advantages to Centrify's standards-based approach for using Active Directory to manage non-Windows computers and related user identity information.
- It enables you to use existing Active Directory tools that are already familiar to IT staff
- Active Directory is frequently the first IT system to be updated when employees join or leave an organization, or their status changes. It is simply easier to extend your Active Directory checklist of provisioning tasks than to maintain a separate one for your non-Windows environment. Account changes happen more quickly, and tasks are less likely to be overlooked. For example, disabling an Active Directory account immediately shuts off an exiting employee's access to non-Windows systems and applications that have been integrated using Centrify.
- Active Directory already has a robust set of management features, including powerful group-based management of users and computers, granular delegation of administrative rights, and dependable and fault-tolerant refreshing of identity and policy information across your enterprise. Centrify's DirectManage tools integrate tightly with Active Directory to take advantage of these features, which provides you with much more robust capabilities compared to other solutions that try to reproduce these features.
Advanced Delegation Features Are Built for Security and Compliance
Centrify DirectManage tools have been built with security and compliance as a key requirement, leveraging advanced Active Directory features to provide:
- Patented account mapping technology the enables you to control authentication, passwords and password policies for root and generic service accounts
- Delegated administration features that enforce separation of duties between departmental staff who manage access to their systems and corporate IT staff who manage user accounts
- Granular access controls to grant users access only to the specific systems they need to access
- Role-based privilege management to limit authorized users to the least privileges they need to perform their jobs
Centralized Management Restores Accountability to Compliance Initiatives
Compliance reporting has traditionally been a challenge in heterogeneous environments in which each department or business unit managed it own set of systems and identities, and each platform had its own method of enforcing policies. Centrify DirectManage provides a set of centralized tools that:
- Give you global visibility and reporting over access control, privilege management, policy enforcement and audit trails for your non-Windows systems
- Link these entitlements and activities to a single, definitive Active Directory identity, establishing accountability for the privileges that users have and how they use them
- Enforces consistent configuration and security policies over a wide range of disparate systems
Deployment, Migration and Management Tools Accelerate Your Time to Value
Integrating a set of heterogeneous platforms with Active Directory can be a challenging and complex task. Centrify DirectManage gives you tools that:
- Automate the process of discovering systems to be integrated and performing the analysis and installation tasks needed to join them to Active Directory
- Rapidly migrate identity information into Active Directory from disparate sources such as local files, NIS maps and LDAP databases
- Map multiple identities to a single Active Directory account, avoiding the need to rationalize conflicting UNIX IDs
- Automate the day-to-day management of access rights by enabling you to set up and maintain Active Directory groups